Friday, March 29, 2013

Snakkle.com - A Very Irritating Website



I would not normally tell you to avoid a specific web site, but I recently saw a link while surfing the web that caught my interest. I was soon very sorry I had clicked on the link.

It was a slideshow of the stars of Big Bang Theory and their careers before the hit show.
Loved the info ... HATED the site. 

There's a video at the top of every page on the site which starts when you open the link, and does not stop until you close the page. Occasionally, when clicking on the "back" button, you do not return to the previous page, but you are taken to a random site, most often a gaming page that has nothing to do with the original page.

Clicking on the video takes you to an advertisers ad, and when you close that ad you are dumped back onto the previous page, where the video starts from the beginning again. It seems there was no way to escape the haranguing videos.

Snakkle.com was so aggravating, I took the time to comment (on their site) about how annoying the site is. I vowed never to return until they change their "video assault" marketing style.

Avoid snakkle.com, folks - it ain't worth the hassle!


No comments:

Post a Comment